Monday, June 21, 2010

a stroll around the medina


Yesterday I discovered the part of Morocco that I had been looking for and expecting... the market with the leather shops, carpet shops, jewelry, clay objects and artesanias.... reminiscent of the Grand Bazaar...
We visited the Kesbah des Ouidaias (photo), which is the site of the original Rabat (and of course, the oldest part of the city) and I tried a tajine again which was 100% better than the one I had on my first day...
Work is a little slow, we are encountering a lot of red tape and have a small suspicion that there isn't much of an informal aspect of money lending... which would make this summer quite interesting... I am trying not to get too disappointed and take things as they come.... and hope for the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment