Monday, June 28, 2010

motivation and self confidence

most job descriptions require that the person be self motivated/assertive...
I always thought that I was... 
But I am finding more and more that I don't do well without specific guidance and a to do list.
Take this case for example, I need to be pushing our local IPA contact here in Morocco to give me the signatures and the papers that I need in order to move on to the next stage of our research, but instead of knocking on their door and planting myself in front of them with my questions/requests, I wait for them to answer my email, assuming that they know about the urgency of the matter.
It drives me crazy.
I drive myself crazy.

This summer will give me the opportunity to develop the skill of self confidence.
I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment